Saturday, April 7, 2012

Age is in the Eye of the Beholder

Ah, I enjoy a good weekend. If I have even one social event going on, I'm happy. Usually multiple things happen during one weekend, then nothing for awhile. Hm.

I've never been good at judging people's ages. Maybe I used to, but now I never guess the age of anyone correctly. I think college-aged people are in a point in time where the looks of ages could be mixed up quite easily. Or that could just be me, I dunno.

My mistake tends to be thinking people are older than they are. I don't think it's because of their physical appearance though. Sometimes, yes people look older, but I think a lot of the time it's personality. They seem wise, or know what they're doing. I've been shocked to find someone I know in a leadership position is actually my age or younger. How on earth could they be my age? They seem so mature.

It may also be due to the fact that many people I meet tend to be older than me. One thing that's been a little sad is how many people I've just started to get to know who are going to be leaving in a couple of months. Sad. It's like last year. Sure, Facebook works but it's not the same.
I simply have no gauge on time. Fortunately, I'm not the only one. Many times when meeting friends of my sister, I ask "Who's older?" Quite a bit of the time, they guess me. I think it's because they've seen Chloe's goofy side, so she seems younger (in spirit at least).

I think college is the last time where age really matters. Well, besides being considered a cougar, but that's a different story.

Tomorrow is Easter! Are you excited? I'm happy. I just like holidays. Ayup.

Do you guess ages right? Or are you usually way off?

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at doing ages - mostly because between Marcus' friends (he's four years older than me) and my sorority sisters (mostly older than me), I could be guessing that someone is anywhere between 24-30. Those two numbers, while not the farthest away, are definitely not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also HORRIBLE at guessing ages!

    ReplyDelete