Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fitting Things into the Day

A few things about today:

It seems that Thursdays have become my cleaning days. Last Thursday I ended up cleaning up my room because I felt ashamed of how messy it was when my mother saw it. I know. Ridiculous. Then again, I think I cleaned it just for myself because I always feel so much better in a neat environment.
Honestly, I don't understand how it can get so messy so fast. Just a few articles of clothing on the floor make it look like a train wreck.

You know what's more awkward than being in the other room while an argument is going on? Having that argument be in another language. Oy. I rushed out of there as soon as I could, which isn't fun when it's your own apartment.

Speaking of the apartment, I have no idea what I'm doing for a living situation next year. With study abroad, I'm going to be gone a term. I've been told that they have great ways to get roommates (like rooming with someone else who was in the program, for example), but now I'm nervous. Gaah.

My schedule is getting busier. Yah know what? I'm glad. I like to keep busy. It makes me prioritize my time a lot better. Still have a bit of trouble with that at times, but slowly getting better.
As far as my schedule went today, I had a lot of little chunks of time in between everything, and not one big long one. I think I like having a longer break better than a shorter break now that I think of it. You don't feel like you're rushing, and you can fit more things in during the long break.
 On that note, let's talk about a moment I had today. I was talking to someone else who also happened to have a pretty hectic day. I mentioned that I had gone on a run and she replied, "Wow, I wish I had time to go on a run today."

That led me to this thought: I don't see if I have time for runs, I make time for runs. Running is a priority. I make sure I run at least every other day. If I take off anymore than that, I feel wrong somehow. I'm not quite sure, but I believe the last time I took two days off from running was December 2010. Yeah. I plan for runs. I make sure I have time to do them. I will go somewhere sweaty and gross if I have to, but I'll get that run in. If I know I'm not going to have anytime to run on a certain day, I change up the day I do that run. Can't run Thursday, and my last run was Tuesday? Run Wednesday. Just make sure you do it.

Finally, I have one more running thing to talk about. I know, I know. Lately my sister and I have been talking about how expensive races are, yet we still want to train for something. So with that, she has decided to map out a half marathon race for us both, and whoever wants to join us in about two months. I'm excited to have something new to train for. I have to admit though, the farthest I've ran in the past few weeks is five miles. Man, that kills me. Hey, but the whole point is that I've been running, and it's never less than three.

Welp, time for a new day. Friday is going to be the complete opposite of today. Only one class. Ah.

Do you prefer a lot of mini breaks or one long break?

1 comment:

  1. I like little breaks throughout the day - just a few minutes to relax and re-focus!

    ReplyDelete