Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Start of Finals and Such

Is it Friday yet? I'd really like it to be Friday.

Today I had two of my first finals, and they turned out alright... at least I hope that Econ final turned out alright. One of my most important study rules is to get a good night's sleep. Might sound silly, but it helps the information actually stick. Well last night for some reason my brain thought waking up at all hours was a much better plan. I think I was worried about getting up on time, which is ridiculous. I've had an 8 AM class every day this term, so I think it's possible for me to wake up normally for a test at the same time.

I don't have anything on my plate for the next few days other than two more finals, a haircut, and the Hunger Games. You'd think I'd be worried for my two finals, but honestly I feel like I'm already done. Despite my lack of proper grammar in the blog, I know my grammar pretty well. I didn't even study for the last quiz and got 100%. I skimmed for the midterm and missed one. Knock on wood still. I'll obviously study a little though. The other "final" is a monlogue performance, and I think that'll be fine.

I'm finally getting a haircut! 'Bout time. I'm going to grow out my bangs instead of trimming them again because I'm done with them. Bah. I'll deal with my forehead instead. The rest of the world (people I talk to) think that I should keep it long, but I'm getting tired of it. When you get choked by your own hair in the middle of the night because you shift to the other side, you tend to wish for shorter hair.

I've been thinking about my goal of "living well" I set for myself at the beginning of January, and I need to get back into high gear for that. Sure, I've been eating fruits and veggies, but I need to think less about food. Well, less obsessing about food. Thinking about when I can eat, how much I can eat...
No. I need to eat like a normal human being.

Speaking of food... Don't you hate it when you're at the point where if you buy something now, you'll have too much of it by the end of the week, but if you don't you'll have to live without it for awhile? Currently, I am without English muffins. I eat them all of the time, and that includes for breakfast with peanut butter and jam. PB and J on toast is my breakfast almost every day, but I can't do that with no toast. I'd go to the store, but there are other things I should probably use up. I'm also out of craisins and frozen veggies, two other staples. Will I cave? We'll see. I have three days to last without.

On the last food note, I think I've realized I don't actually like baked goods. I like the batter. I was seriously looking at desserts and thought, "Man, I bet the bowl for that would be delicious to lick." Cookie dough is so much more satisfying than cookies. Banana bread bowls are meant for me to taste. I seem to like the taste of salmonella? Eh. You can have your chocolate fudge cake, just gimme the bowl and spoon.

Even though I ran today and yesterday, I'm considering a run tomorrow. I don't run three days in a row, so I probably shouldn't. Whenever I run though, I feel like I've actually done something with my day. Goodness, that is a bit concerning... but I don't have anything on my scedule tomorrow. Maybe I'll look for a running store down here.

Well. That certainly was a random post. Random post for a random day I guess? Finals week will do that to you.

How is your week going? Any big, exciting projects?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on finals! HATED that week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week? I am absolutely swamped. The good news = tomorrow is Thursday. The bad news = tomorrow is not Friday.

    ReplyDelete