Monday, March 5, 2012

Making Decisions

I am a very indecisive person. I don't know how, but I think I've gotten more indecisive as I've gotten older.
You might think that being indecisive means that I don't like planning things out. Obviously, this isn't true as I've talked about the many ways I like to organize my life. I don't know how these two things work together, but they do. It happens. Although I'm indecisive, I'll usually speak up if no one can make up their mind for what to do. "I dunno, what do you want to do?" only gets you so far. I dealt with that crap for far too long in high school.

This indecisiveness comes more with choices than actually taking action. Take restaurants for example. I almost always want to try something new, but I can never decide just what I want. What taste is my tongue craving for the evening? What if I make the wrong decision? Common sense would tell my brain that this is not a life or death situation, but common sense does not exist when it comes to a restaurant menu.

I have gotten many death glares from my sister because of this trait. On the opposite side of the spectrum, my sister is extremely decisive. She knows what she wants. She knows what she likes. And she wants the meal as soon as possible, which doesn't work with my indecisive ass.
I hate to make a waiter wait. It's rude. That's why I always say, "Come to me last." Because I base my choice on what others get. I choose something different, so we can trade tastes. Usually, the people I eat with are on the same sharing page as I am, which is always nice.

The point is if I only get once chance to try something, it takes time for me to make a decision. Because I've got a bad case of the "What ifs?".

This all brings me to a notebook. A notebook? Yes, a notebook.

Remember that little notebook that I write things to do with my life in? Well, I have one. Or I should say had one, because that little sucker got filled up. I needed a new notebook, but what kind to get? The notebook would be with me for awhile, so it has to be just right.
You know how I talked about indecisiveness? I went to the bookstore at least five times comparing different notebooks. The size, the writing space, the prices, the looks... Ridiculous, I know. However in the end I got my notebook and it's quite lovely.

Yup. It looks a bit yellow because of the light, but it's a nice shade of blue. May I take on many adventures.

Are you indecisive or very decisive?

1 comment:

  1. I can be an absolute terror when it comes to ordering in restaurants. Especially if I'm not starving to death or specifically craving something. Marcus has witnessed it before and it is NOT pretty.

    ReplyDelete