Friday, March 9, 2012

Sunny Day, Sunny Mood

Yesterday, I had a moment of pure bliss. I was biking over to another building and the sun was brightly shining. After climbing up the hill, I started to roll down. The warm breeze passed by, turning my earrings into miniature wind chimes. People everywhere were enjoying the sunshine, hanging out and playing outside. Happiness was flowing through the air.

Simply bliss.

It's amazing how connected our emotions are to the weather, or how we relate emotions to certain times. I suppose it makes sense, seeing as there's an actual medical condition called SAD, or seasonal affective disorder. We even say things like, "A case of the Mondays" or "Thank God it's Friday".

I know I shouldn't connect emotions to the weather that much, but sometimes it just works out that way. I've been feeling unusually happy for awhile now, and I think it's because the sun has been peeking its head out.

The only downside to yesterday happened when the cold hit. No, not cold weather. I'm sick. Ick. Hot weather+Snot filled dizzy head= Not a good run. Just think 10-20 seconds slower than my usual pace. I'm glad I did it though. Today however is a rest day. No theatre, and it's Friday. Ahh...

I hope the sun is here to stay.

How do environmental elements affect your mood?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. I ran outside for the first time w/ out a long sleeved top on last week and the feeling of sun and fresh air on my skin was absolutely unreal. Like, I don't even know how to describe it. I need light in order to survive. This is a fact.

    ReplyDelete