Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sinuses and Scheduling Conflicts

A part of my body ached during the first few minutes of my run today. Can you guess what it is?
If you guessed my tooth, you're right! If you didn't, I'm not surprised.

In my current state, I don't feel sickly. However, I've been blowing my nose constantly and I've had plenty come out. Also, according to the Internet I might have a sinus infection.  I say this because right now it looks like I snorted a highlighter, and the Internet believes that it could be caused by a sinus infection. Nasty, I know.

Back to the tooth thing. As you may know, sinuses feel pressure or sensitive when you've got a lot of junk mussing up there. Right near my sinuses obviously are my teeth. Well, one of my upper teeth sometimes feels like it's going to be yanked out if I'm bouncing around, and I blame it on the fact that it's a baby tooth. Yeah, I've got two baby teeth in place of adult teeth that never grew. I'm actually missing four of my adult teeth, but I only kept two of my baby teeth to keep my mouth slightly normal. I doubt that's a real thing, but it's the only reason I can give for my tooth hurting so bad. Hm.

I'm hoping that's also the reason my pace has been awful lately. Seriously, just... ugh. I hope that my pace is worse just due to the fact that I can't breathe through my nose.

In other news, I'm a bit... peeved right now. Is that the right word? Perhaps.
For you see, yesterday my plans were aligned nicely. From 6:00-7:00 tomorrow, I have chapter. Right after that, I was going to enjoy the company of people and pie. Yes, it's Pi Day. I get excited about it every year. After that, I was going to go to the final screening for Duck TV at 8:00. The mandatory screening.
Then this morning I get an email:

"The screening will be at 7:00 pm."

Yes. Of course. The only time to hang out with people I actually want to hang out with, you have to change the schedule.

This wouldn't annoy me so much if it weren't for the fact that the rest of my evenings are free this week. I don't know what it is about Wednesdays, but apparently all of my activities think they should happen on Wednesday.
I know. This is totally a First World Problem. (And if you hate that phrase, I'm sorry) But honestly, I'm really disappointed. I was really looking forward to the Pi Day festivities, it sounded like fun. I'm closer to the APO peeps than any of the Duck TV people. I'm hoping I can show up a little late to the screening, and pop by the Pi party for a little bit. Besides, they always start the screenings something like fifteen minutes late.

I was planning on talking about a reaction I got yesterday in today's post, but I suppose that will have to wait for tomorrow. Hopefully that last sentence wasn't confusing. It just deserves a whole post.

When was the last time you had two things you wanted to go to scheduled at the same time? What's a weird thing that happens to you when you're sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment