Thursday, March 8, 2012

Purchases I Need, Yet...

There are two things that I have had on my "to buy" list for quite awhile now:
  1. Running Shoes
  2. Brake pads for my bike
As you might have guessed, these are pretty important purchases. There is only one reason that I haven't bought these things: I am frugal.

Alright, the shoes is more of a "I haven't had a chance to drive two hours to my regular shoe place and drive two hours back" situation. So it's frugal and lazy. Oh, what a great combination.

The logic of this whole situation is flawed. This is the type of logic of a person who doesn't want insurance "because they'll be careful". Fool, there are unplanned situations that happen in the future! When you get sick without the insurance, it's going to cost a hell of a lot more. Or you can't control what other drivers do.

My shoes are currently right under 600 miles. They say you should get new shoes every 300-500 miles. Ayup.
I'll get new shoes soon, I promise.

Other than that, I've been having a pretty swell day. Positive all around. So there's that.

What have you avoided purchasing that you really need?

1 comment:

  1. Go get the shoes and start breaking them in before your old shoes cash out. Trust me - Future Hannah will thank Past Hannah for that one.

    What have I been putting off? To be totally honest, it's time to roll over to the drug store to stock-up on hair products.

    ReplyDelete