Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Unexpected Trip Home

Still getting on track.... still getting distracted. Hoo boy.

As I said yesterday, I was planning a continuation of my spring break adventures. That's true, but now I'm going to talk about the trip back.

I've had issues getting back home after many spring breaks. I think the Universe has been trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure what.

For you see, on Saturday the gang headed over to the airport at about 11. What happened next was spending 6 or so hours there.
The reason? You may or may not have heard about it, but Alaska had some technological issues, stranding many people all over.
Tensions rose. Airport food was running low. Many worried about if they were going to be able to get home. I managed to get to San Jose, California with my sis, my mom, and our family friends. They were saying the earliest flight out of there was going to be Tuesday, if we were lucky. That led up to the impromptu roadtrip.

Two hours Saturday night. A ten hour drive on Sunday. One rental car. Six people. We went from this...

...through this.

Then we got to rainy ol' Oregon. Big reason of difficulty recuperating? Yes indeed.
Despite the difficulty recuperating, it did make me think of a simple life lesson that I've learned from yes, fictional characters. This lesson comes from generally every after-school program type, but I'll use Full House since it's the one I watched.

The lesson is things can work out in the end if you don't let negativity get the better of you. Yes, things don't always work out. Life really isn't as bubbly as those shows tell you, but you know what? Life doesn't end until you're dead. You can bitch and moan about the crappy things that happen, or you can try to do things to fix them. Life isn't happily ever after, but it doesn't have to be horribly ever after either.

Welp, I need to get a tad more reading done for tomorrow, but I shall have more to talk about tomorrow! (I have a blog, of course I talk a lot.) Have a lovely evening!

What's the worst traveling problem you've ever had?

1 comment:

  1. The worst traveling problem I've had? Probably when I went to DC this spring and at 8 AM in the morning, with an hour to get to the airport, I had to figure out if I wanted to try and make the system work for me (and possibly get stranded alone and overnight in Detroit - there was a major blizzard) or spend an extra day in DC. DC won, obviously :)

    ReplyDelete