Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Adventures

It's not easy adapting to change. Even if that change is getting back to your regular schedule of life.

I hope everyone out there had a lovely spring break, or week in general! I know mine was quite a nice for the most part. More on that later.

I don't think I actually ever mentioned it before, but I went to Cabo San Lucas for spring break. In all actuality, I didn't end up doing much while I was down there, but that's exactly what I wanted. I soaked in the sun. I looked around at little shops.
I drank ridiculous fruity drinks. Really, those are all pretty good ways to spend a week.

I didn't do much buying in the stores, but my mom sure did. She gets a little excited. For example, here are just a few sunglasses that she bought. She bartered for them, so why not get a lot?

That's half of them. And this is just sunglasses.

One of the things I didn't realize before was how many fruits and veggies I actually eat. I know that I'm not the type to go all natural. I will eat types of foods that healthy foodies shun to the depths of nutrition purgatory. Still, my diet is pretty clean. Having almost everything in Cabo covered in cheese? Not so much. I did have some delish eatings there.

I spent the time on vacation with my family, some of my aunts and uncles, and some family friends. One thing that happens when you get my mom together with her sister and acting all goofy? Over-quoting of things such as this:

Or this:

Or many dirty jokes. Yes, that's my mom, and I love her. Even if she's a goofball.

As for moving around, I guess I did do some activities: Whale watching and a few runs.
First, I don't have the pictures on my camera from the whale watching, but there are pictures. Too many, really. That was just cool because we saw whales breaching. There were three all at once with a baby too! Cool.

I did run a few miles over the course of the week, but it was a HUGE difference from how much I usually run. For the most part I ran on the treadmills, but one day I ventured out on the beach. HARDEST RUN OF MY LIFE. And it wasn't even over 2 miles! On the way back I ran in the city, just because it felt like a punch in the gut on the beach. I like running in the city a lot more, simply because there's so much to see, and I like reactions from people.

Running by the Marina? I think yes.
I love being on vacation, but I'm glad to be home. My body is seriously off-kilter.

I do have more stories to tell, but they have to wait until tomorrow! Right now, I have to get to sleep. I am exhausted, part of the reason being what I'm going to talk about tomorrow. Which will also intertwine a Thing I Have Learned From Fictional Characters. Now doesn't that sound fun?

What do you like to do on vacation? Would you rather chill by the pool or go out to do something physical?

2 comments:

  1. Your trip looks awesome! So pretty.

    I like a mix of both on vacation. Relaxing...but also seeing as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to lounge when I'm on vacation. It Soothes. BUT, I will definitely say, every time we go on vacay, I realize exactly how much my eating habits have changed and how different they are from 99% of America.

    ReplyDelete