Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day and Things I Have Learned from Fictional Characters

I can't believe that it's already so late! That's what happens when the time changes, and it's still bright out, isn't it?

First of all, happy pi day everyone! Unfortunately, I did not have any pie for the occasion. Oh well.

For a Things I Have Learned From Fictional Characters today, I'd like to take a look at something I've learned from a Harry Potter character. It was bound to happen people. This lesson comes from Neville Longbottom, who happens to be my favorite character from the HP series.

Today's lesson: It's okay to stand up against your friends.

If you've ever read/watched the first Harry Potter, you've seen the scene where Harry and the gang sneak out in the middle of the night to go save the day and all of that, when they come up against Neville. Neville, trying to be a good kid, tries to make sure they don't pass. It's after hours, and they could all get in trouble. It doesn't help him in the moment, but at the very end of the movie he gets credited for doing a good job.

I've discovered that this idea actually makes a lot of sense. The thing is, sometimes people don't stand up to their friends. They do whatever their friends want whatever their friends tell them to, all of that. That makes you think: Are they really your friends if they don't want to know your opinions? Friends should feel comfortable stating their opinions around friends. Besides, you don't want to have friends that have the exact same opinions as you. You would run out of things to talk about!

So tell your friends how you really feel. That way, you can find out if your friends are actually interested in the same things instead of just doing what they want you to do.

Well, I need to sign off for the night. I've been drawing character renderings for most of the day... ugh.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I SO love that you invoked Neville. That is all. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete