Monday, March 7, 2011

Not One to Wait

"Just like the sands in a hourglass... These are the days of our lives."

My grandma and my aunt are obsessed with that show. The line always makes me smirk. Has nothing to do with my day, but I suppose it was something to break the ice.

We all have different ways of getting to our ending point. There are some out there who don't care how long something takes, but just go with the flow of the trip. Then there are others... like me.

I have the personality in which I'm always trying to finish things so I can see what's next. This is the main reason that exercises like Yoga don't work for me. Staying in a pose for how long? C'mon, what's the next step? This is a big reason why I like running. The faster I run, the sooner I get to my destination. Besides, then I'm also getting faster, which is nice no matter what type of person you are.

The reason this was on my mind was because of what I was doing this afternoon, while hanging out in the common area. I was organizing my required credits, seeing how many more I had left. I happily discovered that I could finish them up the fall term of my Sophomore year, (excluding the rest of the science to finish up the rest of that year). One of my hall mates said,
"But the sooner you get done, the sooner you'll have to figure out a major."

...Yeah. I've been thinking about that one too, but my 'let's get it done' attitude has been pushing in front.

I'm not impatient. I'll wait in lines calmly. However, I like to have that feeling of accomplishing something, you know?

Pish, I'll figure it out when the time comes. And if not? That's life!

Are you more of a go with the flow type or a finish it up ASAP type?

No comments:

Post a Comment