Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running, Napping, and Safety

It's almost the weekend, and seeing how finals are coming up I'm not sure how I feel about that. Ooh boy.

This has been one weird week. Last night I managed to get to bed a half hour earlier than my usual, but I was so drowsy this afternoon I dozed off for a 45 minute impromtu power nap. It wasn't really the most expected thing, seeing as I was going to go for a run. The room mate walked in to see me drooling in my bed wearing a full workout outfit. This includes having my tennis shoes on. Let me repeat that: I fell asleep on my bed in tennis shoes. What is this?

Afterwards, I was able to get a pretty wicked run in. Running more miles than expected, but not feeling super sore from it? Aw yeah.

The times that I enjoy runs the most are when I start daydreaming about situations, scenarios, and making plans. On today's run, that meant going back to a daydreaming topic that I think about frequently. The question I ask myself is what I would talk about if I was a guest on Chelsea Lately.

...It ends up being a discussion on things that I'm interested in. And not being famous for reasons like Kim K.

One thing that sometimes comes up when I talk about running with people is safety. I've had some family members get uneasy when they hear about my adventures outside, worrying about people coming after me. Luckily, I know that where I run is really safe. No high crime rates, areas where people can see me. I also make sure that I run with my phone and identification, for the worst case scenarios. However like they always say, one can never be too careful. With this in mind, I received a certain gift from my mother: Pepper spray.
Now, I know that it's a good thing to have, but there's only one problem. I keep on forgetting it. Really, what's the use then? Thankfully, I keep remembering it earlier and earlier, so perhaps next time I will actually remember it before I run. I think this will be a reminder!

Oh goodness. Not ready for next week, and it's coming too soon! Night everyone!

What precautions do you take when exercising?

No comments:

Post a Comment