Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Fascination With Accents

No matter what, wherever you are from, you have an accent to someone else. In my case, I’ve never really thought I have an accent. My accent is guess is “stereotypical American” accent. Either way, almost everyone is fascinated by accents. Why is that?

Is it the way that people say different words that interest us? Maybe it’s like hearing poetry being read. All of the words are the same, but how someone reads it effects how we hear it.

I really like British accents personally. I don’t know why, but I could just listen to them talk all day. And don’t even get me started on slang!

What type of accents do you love?

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLLOL it was hilarious to read you ask a question and seeing ZERO COMMENTS! HAHAHAHA

    Sorry man I burst out laughing IRL

    Personally I enjoy hearing Russian accents. Actually, I just enjoy hearing Russians talk in general. Very rough sounding, makes the person speaking appear tougher.

    ReplyDelete