Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Deal With Gum

Smack
Smack
Smack.

What’s that noise? Oh, it’s just someone chewing away on their gum. What a peculiar little thing gum is. The history of gum includes people in ancient times chewing on pieces of sap from trees. Mm, tasty!

Nowadays, there are dozens of different varieties of gum and almost everyone seems to chew on it. I’ll admit, I chew on quite a bit of gum from time to time, yet I think it’s fair to say that it can get annoying.
You know what I mean, right? You’re sitting in a room, and all you can hear is the gruesome smacking of gum from someone else in the room. It’s not the prettiest of noises. The thing is when you’re chewing gum, try to make it less obnoxious. Don’t chew with your mouth open for one thing. Why do you think you’re told that when eating? It’s mostly because people don’t want to see your food, but they also don’t want to hear that sound!

However, gum isn’t going to go away anytime soon. It’s not necessarily a bad thing to chew gum either. Some people like to chew gum to curb their munchies. I know that there have been times where I’ve just wanted the taste of something, yet I wasn’t hungry so I popped in some gum. Isn’t better to have gum instead of eating that box of cereal because you were munchy? I thought not.

Gum can be good or bad either way you look at it. Just next time when you’re chewing on that Trident, try not to chew it like a piece of cud. And chewing twenty pieces of gum at a time isn’t going to help instead of having a snack either. Just like everything in life, you’ve got to be sensible about your gum- chewing ways.

Do you chew gum? What kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment