Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Start of the the Weekend... College-wise that is.

I have heard and read everywhere that Thursday is the official start of the weekend in college. I wonder how true that is? All I know is that I don't have class until 10 then to noon and I'm done. 10 may sound early but remember I've been waking up for 8 am classes all week. Speaking of classes...

It turns out that apparently there's been a bug with the email service that hasn't allowed a lot of students to get mail. It's wonderful that I find that out the night before I need something and no one can send it to me. Thankfully, I talked to my teacher and I hope she understood. I emailed her through my gmail and she sent me the link this afternoon. Since we're on the subject of Individual Health Fitness, I'd like to mention the lab today. We need to do some tests like the 12 minute walk run, curl ups, etc. I thought I did pretty well for the running until I checked online. It turns out I only did average, which is okay but I thought I would have done better!
Today I ran 1.36 miles for 12 minutes. It's good to do at least a little everyday right?

Ugh. I feel liked I've been punched in the ribs. That ab workout in Weight Training got to me!

Before I forget! Bi-mart night was wild! There were so many people there, it was insane! It was pretty much deals on things and free stuff, including this cute little guy!


Nothing relieves stress like a cute fat panda.


Do you ever have those moments where you know you messed up, but it's not so bad because everyone else messed up? That is exactly what happened in Literature of the Western World today. We had to write this mini essay due today, and these are some of the mistakes that happened...
"Wait, we NEED page numbers?"
"What do you mean it was MAXIMUM of 1 1/2 pages?" -(me)
"I thought our names needed to be on the left side."
"...I just didn't do it."
So we all made a mistake. Fortunately I don't think it was really a big deal. I hope.

My cousin Ali is coming to visit me tonight! It should be fun. She goes to school in Salem and we are both freshmen, so we try to stick together on what's current.


I would like to say one last thing before I end this entry. A few days ago I was getting my key out to unlock the stair area when one of my hall mates opened it for me.She said she was just going to use the elevator to go upstairs but I convinced her to walk up with me. Today I saw that same hall mate using the elevator to go downstairs. Now, I live on the 4th floor of my dorm. I understand that walking up four flights of stairs can be tiresome, but walking down the stairs isn't that difficult! It just kind of disappoints me to see that people can't make the effort to simply use the stairs even if it's only when going down. It's a little something that helps you be a teeny bit healthier every day.

So please you guys, use the stairs. Like my PE131 teacher quoted, "Health is our biggest wealth." So use it wisely!
Have a wonderful start to your college weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment