Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living in an Eco Community and Glee!

Hello everyone!

Let's start off this post with talk about my dorms. Ackerman is one of the only Platinum LEED buildings in Oregon. What this means is that the building is extremely eco-friendly. This includes lights that turn off automatically when no one is in the room, and the showers produce a low amount of water per minute. If you're someone like me, you enjoy extremely hot water and don't care if it's pounding on your back. All of the other dorms do this, but not ours. I've already taken two showers here so I think I'm used to it. It still stinks though.


 I went to a session about "What things are there to do in Monmouth" after getting ready for the day. I thought it would be a tour of the town or something, but it was very uninformative people talking about nearby fishing holes and Bi-mart. I don't care about Bi-Mart or fishing.
After that, there was a very cool speaker. He made me a bit inspired to look more into following my passions. The only issue with that is that I'm still not sure what my true passion is. I suppose that's what I'll try to find here.
Ate some lunch, hung out with people, and went to a time management session. I hoped that I was going to learn more helpful hints for organizing, but it was not helpful. Everything they talked about I had read in a book talking about how to prepare for college. Sad, I know.
The rest of the evening was basically decorating my room and socializing with random people in the dorms... until...

GLEE!

Yes, Glee premiered tonight. I'm not the biggest fan of Glee, but I am a fan of Glee. One of the people I've met in Landers invited me to watch Glee, and of course I said yes. It was fun watching it, but it was kind of funny because their RA was there and he was talking about events for the halls... Ackerman doesn't have any T.V.s in it which means no Glee here. Hopefully this will change.

The last thing that happened event-wise was the Late Night Comedian. WHAT A TERRIBLE SHOW. We seriously had to leave after awhile because he was so awful. I know that it's a horrible feeling to have someone leave, but it was offensive and disgusting.

And now we're here in the common room in my hall. I'm seriously trying to get this typed up and be social, but it's difficult. I feel like it'll be easier when class starts because I'll have times where I just have time for myself that other people have classes. Sometimes you need that.

I've seriously got to stop writing. Too much for the day. I hope everyone is having a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment