Friday, September 24, 2010

These Boots are Made for Walking

Hooray, it's the weekend. It doesn't seem much like the weekend though, ha.
Unfortunately, my boots are not made for walking. I got them especially for this year and they gave me HORRIBLE blisters yesterday! Boohoo. I only walked around in them for 20 minutes because they hurt so bad. I suppose I'll have to return them.

I slept in today! It was wonderful. You see, I've been getting up 8:30-8:45, and I woke up at 8 today but went back to sleep until 10:30. How nice. Too bad I'll be waking up for an 8am class this upcoming week.

I went to a session about traveling abroad today. It made me want to travel abroad even more than I wanted to before. It was funny because one of the students who traveled abroad talked about it and he mentioned how they drank all of the time. The head of it had to cut in and say how it's not all about partying. The main thing was that he sounded like he had such a fantastic time! He even met his fiancee when he was there, how sweet.

Perhaps I'll find a British man... Ha.

I did do a lot of walking today. I don't remember if I said this before but I had dinner with a random girl on the first day and I hung out with her and two of her hall mates today. They were really cool, and I hope I hang out with them more. We went to the Jensen Arctic Museum while exploring. It sounds weird, but it was interesting. There were some kind of freaky stuffed animals though.

I keep on having meals with this one group of people but I can't remember all of their names! I feel so bad!

I also walked in downtown Monmouth with Katelyn (my roommate) to see how long it would take to walk to Dutch Bros. I have an 8am class, I'll need caffeine!

Oh my gosh. Most awkward thing ever happened. I went to Bunco tonight and on the way started talking to someone. It ended up being someone who my mom wanted to be friends with because my mom and his dad worked together. Since my mom was acting weird about us being friends, I wasn't really in the mood to befriend him. But then I realized the name and... super awkward. I really don't want to deal with that.

Lastly, my skin is getting bad. I think it's these showers... how unpleasant.

I suppose that's all from me today.
Have you ever traveled abroad? Where did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment