Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Writing to Say Hello

It may be hump day, but I seem to keep forgetting what day it is. I have to look at the calendar to make sure every five minutes. Anyways, hello!
Today has been one of those slow days. I’m secretly thankful because I’ve been way too busy to get anything done or space to let my brain breathe. I went to a session about clubs and intramurals this morning that taught me nothing. After that, two of my Hall mates and I found where our classes are. Right now I’m technically supposed to be in a mandatory presentation. I am just not in the mood for that right now. Perhaps I may seem bad to not go to it, but I didn’t want to be depressed by another speaker talking about something horrible that can happen. I understand that it’s important to know, but aren’t they supposed to make us excited for school. Besides, I’ve been getting stuff done. Like decorating my wall! (Shut up, it’s important…)
Dorm life 002
I am still at the age where I still enjoy receiving letters because I don’t get bills. Therefore, I’ve been trying to get addresses to write letters, and have already written one. I wrote it at 1 in the morning last night because that was the only time available to write. It’s pretty therapeutic.
I’ll try not to make this post too long, but I’d like to talk about how some of my goals are going:
2. Not Gain the Dreaded Freshmen Fifteen
Food-wise and exercise-wise things are seriously different. During the summer I ate a ton of little things during the day. Now I’m pretty much only eating the three meals a day thing. I’m trying to read my body signals, but it’s kind of hard. I haven’t gotten much exercise either. It’s been walking around campus and climbing up to my dorm on the 4th floor. I have been avoiding the dessert area, but my room is filled with temptation. My mom bought me a ton of candy for Halloween (already). We’ll see on Sunday!
6. Make Friends
We all know this can be difficult, but I’ve been trying! Currently I think the people I’ve gotten closest too are two of my hall mates and a guy from Landers. My two hall mates are from Wyoming and Hawaii, which is pretty cool. My guy friend from Landers is Andrew, and he’s fun. He’s going to be in my theatre class, so it should be fun.
I’m going to try to close my rambling here, so I can start writing some letters. The plans for tonight are a community meeting and Jumanji on a big drive in screen. Should be fun!
Do you guys like writing letters? Who do you write to?

No comments:

Post a Comment