Monday, July 30, 2012

How Do You Say That?

There's something about not having a schedule that makes it hard to remember to blog. Hmm.

First things first: About the outfits. Yes, I know that we already have everything made in China now pretty much. But I just wish one thing would be made in the U.S. Dunno, just my thoughts.

The other day, I watched a movie that I had gotten from the library. That movie was Fargo. I had heard good things about Fargo, and was excited to watch it. Truth be told, I was surprised at how dark it was. The whole thing was actually kinda depressing... except for one thing.

THOSE ACCENTS.

Oh my gosh, I love Minnesotan accents in movies. Funny thing is, no one from Minnesota I know talks like that. You'd be surprised at how many Minnesotans go to U of O. Alas, that accent is nowhere to be found. My mom says we have some great aunts with accents exactly like that, but I don't believe her.

Accents are such an interesting thing to me. Oregonians seem to have the "television" accent, which is a very neutral type accent. We still have certain things that we say that others might think sounds odd, but for the most part it's a TV accent.
I think the reason accents fascinate me so much is because I enjoy comedy. The stars on SNL play with their voices constantly. Same goes for voice actors (obviously).

All I know is that I'm constantly doing a "Minnesotan" accent. It's probably very annoying to everyone around me. Ah well. Better than what my voice sounds like normally. Think boy in puberty.

Before I go, what did you guys think of the Opening Ceremonies? Liked, or disliked? I liked some parts, but other parts were way too bizarre for me. The dream sequence? Not feeling it. Although I did appreciate a giant Voldemort.

What accents do you find interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment