Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Looking at the Good and The Bad

I'm at a conflict with my body recently. There are things that I love, but others? Not so much. Welcome to life, am I right?

First of all, let's start with the positives. Mainly, the fact that I'm not as white as the winter snow anymore. Yeah, I've got some color.
Being tan is something I'm conflicted with. I don't like the idea of tanning beds and I get nervous about melanoma. I've got a lot of moles. However, looking like a ghost is not cute. Remember when it was attractive to be pale because that meant you didn't have to work outside? Of course you don't, no one living now was alive when that was true. But I like to think of how things change in the sense of beauty over time. Seriously, even if you look at clothes from the 90s there are things that shouldn't have existed.
Like these. Gyah.
Despite my worries and hatred of sunscreen, I've managed to get in about a half hour each day at least of sitting in the sun getting some vitamin D. Plus, when I went biking the other day I made sure to be sunscreen-ed up. (Trust me, it's an accomplishment.)

Speaking of biking, did you see those quads of those olympic bikers? Geezo! Even if you have seen them, here they are again.
Wowza.

Remember that time I said I was going to get fit and stuff? Yeah, that kind of backfired. My weight has been slowly creeping up, not down. It's just frustrating because I'm constantly hungry. I dunno. Have I been doing ab work? Yes, but I don't have enough muscle there to be responsible for the creeping up weight. Am I overweight by any means? No. Sometimes you're just frustrated with that stuff, ya know? Whatever, stupid dribble.

The other thing I'm feeling good about are my legs. They have been looking fantastic! The muscles may not be as big as when I was training for the marathon, but they just look good. In other news, I am extremely impatient as of late. Waiting for something in the mail can make you crazy. Pish.

What part of your body have you been feeling good about lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there were so many awesome fashion debacles in the 90's. SO MANY. And you had better believe that I absolutely did have one of those chokers.

    ReplyDelete