Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Running Surprise and Other Stuff

If you're in the mood for a post filled with crazy random happenstances, then I've got the post for you! Bear with me, it was certainly a day of random happenings.

Before I say anything else, I have two things to say about yesterday's post. First, look at my toes!

Blue! I love it. I never get my nails done in any color other than pink or red, but I thought I should do something fun. Hey, do it when you're young right? Really, the main reason I usually never do other colors is so my toes don't look like they're rotting. With this blue, it's hard to imagine that. And Bloody Mary gelato? That sounds quite very curious indeed. The thought of a spicy drink isn't much my jazz, but I'd certainly be interested in trying it.

Alright. Moving onto the day.

The first curious thing to occur in my day was a text from my freshman year roommate. No it wasn't curious that she texted me, but it was curious what she texted me about. She asked if I wanted to go on a run with her.

Huh? She never had been a runner. Had she started this summer?

When we met up, she confessed she hadn't been running, but she thought she should get into it again. Now this girl is a dancer, so she's fit. Who knows why running?
Expecting the run to be slow, she took off like a bullet at the beginning. Not what I thought would happen. However, what it came to is what I predicted. At around a mile, she had to stop. Funny thing is, I was now in a groove. Still we stopped and walked the rest of the way. It may have not been an intense run, but it was certainly enjoyable.

Of course, we talked a lot about where people from our class were and what they were doing with their lives. We agreed that a lot of them didn't seem to have their stuff together or had lives that seemed unpleasant to us. I thought "I have it together" but soon started to realize how un-together I really have it. Cue the internal freakout about how other people seem to actually be achieving things with their lives already. I mean, my old roommate is getting PAID to dance next year. Say what you want about majoring in Dance, if she's already getting paid for what she studies in school, I think she's doing it right.

I know, I'm only twenty. Still, I constantly have the fear of "What am I doing with my life? What's my purpose? Gaaaaah..." Still sound like a teenager as well.

Later in the day, I decided to bike around and into town. I consider any day where I spent a considerable amount of time biking to places a productive day. Especially since i probably biked around for about two and a half hours. When I got home my legs were certainly tired.
Y'see, I like the type of exercise that can get me places. With running, if it's necessary or possible I will run to a place I need to be. Kill two birds with one stone. That's the same idea with biking. I think for any type of exercise, it's hard to motivate yourself to do it. That's why races are so good for motivation in a runner. But for biking, I just like to think of it getting me from one place to another. Even if I'm terrible at it.

I could have sworn I had something else to talk about, but it seems I am at a loss. I'll just have to leave it at my last thought.
I was brushing my hair after my shower, and all of a sudden I heard a loud CRACK. When I retrieved my brush from my hair, this is what I saw:

Princess Diaries anyone? I felt a bit insulted (by a brush) because my hair wasn't very tangled. It is an old brush though. Oh well.
Yes, I did finish brushing my hair with it.

Have you ever had an unexpected running buddy?

1 comment:

  1. Running has been the strangest experience because I have met so many new friends through running and rekindled so many old friendships through running. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete