Monday, July 2, 2012

Project Problems

Before I say anything else, I must ask: Has anyone here seen those "Nailed it" pictures? If not, let me give you a little lesson. Basically, the idea starts with a craft or food project seen online, most likely Pinterest. The project is beautiful, right? Then a person decides to try it... and ends up with an epic fail. Here's an example:

You get what I'm saying?

Well, I happened to have a nailed it situation occur today. Although I honestly thought the end product looked pretty cool, we'll have to get back to that after we start the story.

It started with the knowledge that fourth of July is coming up, and for a family bbq we need to make a dessert to bring. While watching Felicia Day's vlog, she mentioned this cake:

How perfect, right? The only problem happened to be with the cake itself. As in, no recipe. So I looked one up. Yeah, I was going at this scratch made.

I made the cake. And I did it without the frosting, so it wasn't stuck together. Why did I do that, you ask? The answer is the cake tasted like CRAP. Well, more like playdough but you get the point. Sure my cake isn't as pretty, but I just wanted to see if I could get the look.

Nailed it. Pfft.

I'll be making something else. Something that actually tastes good. Whoops!

Have you ever had a project fail?

1 comment:

  1. DYING. Just dying. For the record, if you're ever asked to make a cake from scratch, it's always cool to get a boxed mix and just lie-lie-lie. Not kidding.

    Happy belated Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete