Saturday, June 30, 2012

Relaying for Life

Do you ever have those times where you're surprised how well you're functioning? I certainly do.

I forgot to mention this before, but yesterday/today I participated in Relay for Life. The whole thing is done to raise money for cancer research, and what happens is everyone walks around a track for 24 hours. I got a total of two hours of sleep, then an hour of sleep when I got home. Like I said, a little surprised at how well I'm functioning.

The reason we did this was for my aunt who recently was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily they caught it fairly early, and 90% of breast cancer patients in the U.S. survive. So that's less scary.

Not really much to say about it because it was just that: walking around a track for 24 hours. Except for the five miles that my sister and I ran around the track. T'was nice to be able to say we got a run in as well.

Just a little update on life. Tomorrow, we get excited for the fact that it's July! Yeah!

Have you ever participated in an event for cancer/disease research of some kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment