Monday, June 25, 2012

If the World Should End...

As of today, I'm basically all packed up for both London and next school year. It's not even July. Aw yeah.

On Sunday I went to the movies with my parents. We went to the movie Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Personally, I loved it but my parents were eh about it. Different opinions I suppose. There are a lot of funny parts, but there were quite a few times where my eyes welled up. It's a bit obvious to why, taking a look at the title.

Since we're on the subject, let's talk about the end of the world. I know we've all heard the Mayan calendar story, but let's review: The Mayan Calendar ends December 21st, 2012. Therefore, the world must be ending on that day because the Mayans have been eerily accurate about a lot of dates.
I have to confess, I'm a bit of a superstitious gal. I don't try to be, I just am. That's why I never pick up a penny that's face down. (It's bad luck if it's not right side up. Just in case you didn't know.) Therefore, when I first heard about the whole Mayan story there was a bit of worry in the back of my mind. Yeah, I'll admit it. However, as time has passed and I've thought about it logically, I'm not worried about it at all. For one thing, the Mayan calendar doesn't include Leap years. That means the date has been passed by about 16 years. Also, this.

Well, for now it's highly doubtful that the world's going to end anytime soon. Still, it's a weird thing to think about. What IF we knew the world was going to end? What would you do with the time you had left? Three words: Travel and food. I would eat as much deliciousness as possible, probably having cookie dough as every meal on one of the days. I'd also see the world, or as much as I could. Near the very end I'd spend time with my family though.

Now it's time to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of the summer. Huh. Oh I have other things on my plate too I guess.

What would you do if the world was ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment