Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Healthy Goals and Such

Hm. It's hard to get motivated to start on the next big project right after you finished one. Anywho...

The last two weeks of school did quite a number on my body and health. I pretty much ate no fruits or veggies, and was constantly hungry. I was told it was due to stress, which I do not doubt at all. Strangely enough, while all of this was happening my body still looked like it normally did.  However, once everything had calmed down my body was quite willing to let me know just what I had done. I gained a few pounds, and just looked flubby (to my normal self, at least). Now I've had some time to get back to normal eating, getting my veggies in and eating a lot less than before. And guess what? I'm almost back to normal.

Here's the craziest thing about it though: I haven't been calorie counting.
Now, why is this crazy you ask? Y'see, I've been calorie counting since I started college, with only a few attempts at stopping. Sure I'm kinda lenient with it usually, but I just straight up haven't been doing it recently.
The reason I've always liked calorie counting is because it's given me a limit. If I don't have that, I tend to think, "Well, it doesn't matter how much of this I eat since there aren't any numbers involved." You can see the problem with that. Calories exist even if you don't count them.

I think I'll need to start counting for the very last bit though. For now, I'm going to try to get as fit as possible for my own personal Get Fit For London Challenge I'm setting. What is this challenge? Pretty much just getting fit by strength training at eating right. When it comes to studying abroad, I've heard that a lot of people gain weight. Not surprising since it's food your body isn't used to and your mind thinks you're on vacation. I'd like to not turn into a pile of mush when I'm over there, but in case I do, I'd like to start off with something not mushy to begin with.

So... Yep! Getting hawt for London. That's the idea. Fitting that the Olympics are happening this summer, isn't it?

And I know, we should live our lives as fit as possible, but... that doesn't always happen. Eh.

As for the running front, I've been Run Streaking it up! I missed two days altogether (boo) but I've been doing pretty well on it considering. On the days where I'm running more than a mile I really need to step it up. I run about 3-4 miles on those days, and it's every other day. It's funny though- this run streak is almost like a break for me in the running area. I kinda need a break from big distances, ya know? Once the streak is over though, I'm getting something a little more intense back on.

Ta ta for now.

What healthy goals are you working on this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I calorie count for the same reason. I've been doing a LOT of unprocessed/raw food for snacks/lunch and so far I would say I feel really good doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "get fit for London" challenge. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete