Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Graduation Card: Internet Style

Well. What a few days. It feels like it's been at least a week since I last posted, but apparently I last posted on Saturday. I don't know if I even remember that.

All I know is that it's been crazy. Two graduations, two different jobs, one party to set up, and just a whole bunch of things.

Finally got a chance to breathe today, is all I'm saying. I'll recap soon, but for now I'm leaving you with the card/letter thing I made for my sister.
Before we get started, the card I showed her didn't move. However, we're both obsessed with the website What Should We Call Me, so she knew exactly what each picture did. Also, sorry about the changing font stuff, blogger is stupid like that sometimes. Enjoy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Chloe,

First of all, congratulations! Aren’t you excited?



Well, actually you’re probably more like this:


It’s been a tough week, I know. But you’re done with school! That’s freaking weird.


How are you already done?  You’re done with the studying, the finals, and all of that stuff that made school stressful.


Here’s the thing. I have no idea what type of advice to give you. I’ve never been in your situation, how can I know? Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you what you’re doing after school…


And I’m not going to suggest being a curator…



All I can really say is good luck. I know you’re persistent, and you’ll be able to go far. That might mean far away, that might mean far in the metaphorical sense. I dunno. You have balls though, and you can get through anything. Just go into every interview like this…



…and you’ll be fine.
As for this year, I just want to say thank you for everything. Thanks for going on runs with me...


despite my struggle-bus up the hills.
Thanks for letting me tag along for parties, and not just throwing me out.


Thanks for showing me the ropes of U of O, and just all of the stuff you’ve helped me with in college. I know sometimes we fight…


And sometimes we annoy each other…



But in the end, we tend to be like this…


And you have to remember…


So congrats on graduating! Now, I know that I’m terrible at giving gifts. Half the time when I give you a gift, you tend to look at it like this:


But if I didn’t do anything, I’d think,

Honestly, I would buy you a plane ticket to Europe, but you know me.

So that’s not happening. I hope you like what I got you though. For now, congrats on graduating! Don’t freak out!


Just raise your glass…

And follow your dreams. The sky’s the limit, so take off!

So when you decide to go out into the real world, you’ll be able to say,
Congrats, once again!
Love,
Hannah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All images come from What Should We Call Me, It's Ducked Up, and Quickmeme
Wow, seeing it all move is a bit of a mind f***. Heh. Also Chloe, I would have put this image for the Kristen Wiig/Melissa McCarthy image if it had moved:

You know why. (At least I think I do.) For the rest of you, I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
What's the most interesting card you've ever made for anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment