Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adventures Abroad: Returning to the UK

Alright, back to more recap. Goodness, I'm behind aren't I? Well to be fair I haven' had a lot of Internet time available until now, and even now I've only got a bit of time.

We last left off with my return to London. And goodness, that was quite awhile ago. I returned... the night of the 3rd? Ten days? Good lord.
The first day back was more of a recoup day. I internet-ed, I got razors to shave, (did I mention I hadn't shaved since I was back in Oregon?), and bought some groceries. I ended up meeting my relative I was staying with at a pub near his flat. I met his best friend and his co-worker friend, and we all went to dinner at a lovely Italian place.

The next day (5th) I went to the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery. The National Portrait Gallery had a fantastic portrait contest going on with portraits from artists around the UK. There are some INCREDIBLE artists around, that's for sure. In the National Gallery, I didn't realize Van Gough (sp?) famous sunflower painting was in there, so that was a pleasant surprise. Oh by the way, did I mention I got there by going on a run? Yes. It was nice. Almost positive I went a much shorter distance than anticipated, but what are you going to do?

On the 6th was something very exciting. Y'see, I was looking up events happening in London, and I happened to find an event called Fashion's Night Out. This is where many of the stores in the Soho area were having free events and sales and such. I was so there. Before that though, I was off to the National History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. I only saw the Ball Gown exhibit in the VA Museum (for now), but it was so worth it. God I love fashion.

After some dinner, it was time for the Fashion's Night Out! There were sales everywhere, and places were giving little things out such as champagne. I didn't grab any of the drinks because honestly, I was nervous to. I know, I know. Mostly I just browsed the clothes.

I'm quite exhausted right now, so I'll stop for the evening. I'll be sure to post more later!





No comments:

Post a Comment