Saturday, September 15, 2012

Adventures Abroad: My Last Few Days On My Own

I swear I'll get back to the current situation. Right now, it's so hard. But we move on.

We're now to the 7th, where I simply did a bit of wandering. I got some items I needed like an adaptor for my computer, notebooks for school, and things like that. I ended up seeing the Georgia State basketball team too. Weird. I wonder why they were there.
Managing to explore new areas, I found the South Bank and St. Paul's Cathedral. I only got a taste of the cathedral as it was closing in a half hour I believe, but it was still incredible.

I ended up staying up pretty late that night uploading pictures, but I'm glad I did. The next day I went on a light run with my cousin. It's always nice to have a running buddy. We ran over to the South Bank and saw the Thames Festival going on. I always like exploring festivals. After we returned to his flat, he went off to talk to his best friend and I was all alone. It's alright, I ended up finding Drury Lane. I also ended up having some AMAZING Indian food. I had this thing that was chicken stuffed with spinach and lamb covered in a sauce. Odd, but so good.

Continuing on, it was now the last day of staying with my relative and moving onto staying with my homestay. My relative and I went to the Bombay style restaurant for breakfast and had some tasty stuff. I'm usually not a yogurt person, but when you have vanilla bean yogurt you become a fan.
He led me to Covent Garden and the Olympic store which happened to be having its get rid of everything 50% off sale. I got a 1948 London Olympics poster. Not sure if I should keep for myself or give to someone.
I headed to the South Bank after exploring Covent Garden a bit. On the way, I got to see the Paraolympic marathon going on! I was so excited, I thought I had missed it. Man, just thinking about that arm strength hurts my arms.

Soon, it was time to head to my homestay. It was fairly easy to find, but when I arrived it was a bit stressful. I couldn't get service to call them, so I wandered around trying to see if they were already there. No luck. I ended up finding a payphone (which didn't give me change back!) and calling them.

My host mom was full of excitement upon my arrival. They had had homestays twice before, so they knew what they were doing. One of their daughters was there too, and she runs! That's exciting. We had chili and some crumble, which were both delicious.
When I tried to connect my Internet with the code, it wasn't working. My host mom didn't know much about the Internet, so we had to wait until the next day to get my Internet working. I said it was fine, but as soon as I shut the door I broke down. I think it was the fact that I now had no connection to anyone I knew. With the relative, despite not knowing each other before, we still had a connection through a relative, so we could... well, relate. Here I was alone. So I freaked out.
Looking back, it could have also been due to being tired. It was silly, but whatever.

Getting closer to the more recent stuff, which takes less time to recap! Yes! For now, I'll leave you with that.





No comments:

Post a Comment