Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Travel Fears

As I type this, I look down at my hands and see paint splatters everywhere. Man I'm bad at getting this stuff off.

Computer update is my computer is working okay again... for now. I burned all the newly purchased music and now must move onto backing up documents, photos, and other things I'd like to keep. I think I just have to keep it cool and not do a lot of things at once.

My departure date is coming closer and closer, and I think I'm finally figuring stuff out. Sorta. Because I'm getting there before the program starts, I hoped to do a bit of travel. For the longest time, I was too freaked out to actually book anyplace to stay because I might not want to stay there. What if it was sketchy? What if I get attacked? Every fear flowed out of my imagination. However with a push from my mom I finally got to booking some stuff. Huzzah!

What's left to do before I go now? Get my absentee ballot. Move some money to different accounts. Then... I don't know. I think that's it. I keep having nightmares about things going wrong. Well, maybe nightmares is a strong word. Still, it's little what-ifs that worry me.

My biggest travel fear is forgetting something at home or somewhere I can't get it back. This seems to be a strange fear, considering I pack pretty light compared to many people. Hmm. Maybe that's why I'm always nervous, because I usually do forget something. Ah well.
Okay, I have bigger travel fears than that, but that's the small picture fear I have. Don't worry, not all of my nervousness about traveling is as materialistic.

What's your biggest travel fear?

3 comments:

  1. Your so responsible. But seriously. Life coach material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I promise I know how to spell. You're***

      Delete
  2. I mean, usually I'm the most concerned about whether or not I've forgotten to pack something even though 100% of the time we're going to civilized places where I could buy or replace what I forgot.

    ReplyDelete