Monday, August 20, 2012

Responsible? I Doubt It.

Man, the days are just zooming by now. Summer always seems to go in the same pattern: June is pretty fast, July drags along, and August flies by. Does everyone feel like that, or is it just me? Then again, I still get summer break, so there's that.

Since I haven't been writing much this summer (five post for August?!), I haven't looked at my comments much. Haven't needed to. Well, I only get about a comment a post, so there's that too. I'm rambling, I know.  Probably why I should be writing more this summer. I do try to blog to practice my writing...
Geez, I'm rambling AGAIN. Oy.

The point is I was reading my comments, and I came across this:

You're  so responsible. But seriously. Life coach material.

I shook my head, chuckling. She's kidding, right? Me? Responsible? Yeah right.
I've actually been told a couple times in my life I'm responsible, but I don't believe it ever. I'm neurotic but not responsible. This has been especially true this summer, where I've been extremely lazy. Whenever I think of responsible people, I think of those who have solid jobs every summer. I think of productive people. I think of people who aren't going to be up to their necks in student loans once school is over. There are quite a few things that make me feel irresponsible, but that's a big one. 

Having no job and staying at home has kind of reverted me back to my high school self. I've whined like a teenager to my mom, been stubborn, and given me the maturity of a younger me. Not good. I'm not saying it's my being at home's fault (thought it sounds exactly like that), I'm just saying I'm not able to handle it yet maturity wise. If I'm going back to my high school maturity at home, there's no way I can see myself as responsible. Does that make sense? Probably not. 

Responsible? I don't know about that. Neurotic? For sure. 

Speaking of neurotic, I packed my bag for my trip again. I know it's ridiculous, but I've also been taking a few things out here and there. My bag is stuffed, and I haven't even gotten my unmentionables in yet. Ridiculous. I'll talk more about packing later, but for now I've got to get going. Ta!

What comment do people give to you that you never believe?

1 comment:

  1. You ARE responsible. But I don't think that's a bad thing! I was The Responsible College Student too.

    ReplyDelete