Thursday, May 5, 2011

Body Image, Tests, and Not Being Dressed For the Weather

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone? Did you have Mexican food (or something else) in honor of the day?

Do you ever have those days where you just don't know if there are plans that are supposed to happen in the future you should know about? That's currently what my mindset is like. I like having things planned, but for now? Don't really know what plans I have.

Body image is a very odd thing. Why do we happen to care so much about how we look? Lately, I've been thinking about that. Lately, I've been having a skewed view on my body image. I currently weigh the same amount that I have been, but it feels like when I look in the mirror, my weight goes all to my stomach, and I look like I weigh a lot more.
The thing is, I'm at a perfectly acceptable weight for my size. My BMI is actually on the lower side of the scale. Yet, why do I care so much about body image? Really, why does anyone?

The only people who are required to really be thin are actors and models. For any other type of career, there's nothing wrong with being at a normal size. Then why do the rest of us need to be small? Isn't being at a healthy weight enough?

Apparently not. All I can say is that I'm lucky to be at a healthy weight, even though I'm not actress skinny. (Truthfully, I think it's because I'm not toned.)

That's just a little thing I've been thinking about lately.Other than that, I've just been worried about my two tests tomorrow. Oh, and how I apparently can't dress for weather. Yesterday when the sun was shining, I was wearing black pants. Today I decided to bare my legs, and it was cold all day.

Why do we care so much about body image?

No comments:

Post a Comment